It is the policy of JT Development Solutions Ltd to treat information received from its customers as confidential within the organisation unless:
- There is a legal duty to disclose to other agencies
- There is a high risk that a person is at risk of significant harm
- We have permission of the customer to disclose
The Company recognises that within the scope of personal information, it may receive or require sensitive and/or confidential information.
We will adhere to the following key principles when dealing with sensitive and/or confidential information:
- Ensure that the company policy is transparent and accessible to all customers.
- Our approach to information sharing will be customer centred, within the confines of the law.
- Only the minimum amount of information required to deliver an effective service will be requested.
- Information will only be shared with a third party with the consent of the customer, within the confines of the law.
- Customers will be made aware of where we have the legal obligation to disclose confidential information.
- Customers will be made aware of arrangements for data sharing with partner organisations and contractual requirements.
- Recorded information will be factual as far as possible and sourced.
- We will train staff in key aspects of legislation listed below, where it affects their work
The Data Protection Act 1998
The Human Rights Act 1998
The Learning Skills Act 2000
The Children Act 2004
This policy and its procedures will be subject to internal and external verification. External verification will be sought through structured consultation with users; internal verification will be sought through compliance with procedures and the meeting of specified standards of service. The partners will have the responsibility to update and review the policy annually or whenever necessary, which ever is the soonest.