Brief overview of the role:
The successful candidate will be completing an NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration while working in a busy Solicitors based in Bradford.
Enhances attorney effectiveness by providing information-management support; representing the lawyer to clients and others.
- Welcomes guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics; coordinating case preparation.
- Conserves attorneys time by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analysing information; initiating telecommunications; organising client conferences, and meetings; scheduling couriers, court reporters, expert witnesses, and other special functions; coordinating preparation of charts, graphs, and other courtroom visuals; preparing expense reports.
- Maintains lawyer's calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, dispositions, and travel; recording and monitoring court appearance dates, pleadings, and filing requirements; monitoring evidence-gathering; anticipating changes in litigation or transaction preparation requirements.
- Represents lawyer by communicating and obtaining information; following-up on delegated assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters to lawyer.
- Generates revenues by documenting and inputting attorney billable time and reimbursable expenses; preparing invoices; tracking payments.
- Maintains client confidence by keeping client/lawyer information confidential.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilising filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions; maintaining transcripts; documenting and maintaining evidence.
- Maintains office supplies by checking stocks; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
- Enhances department and organisation reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Documentation skills
- Meeting planning
- Supply management
- Telephone skills
- Office experience - general desirable
- PC proficiency
- Verbal communication
- Internal communications
- Client relationships
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English preferred but not essential.
- Potential permanent career.
Things to consider:
- Please be aware of the vacancy location before applying.
35 hours, Mon-Friday, varying shifts to be discussed.Total hours per week: